Welcome recent graduates to the next phase of your Sigma Kappa journey!
Did you recently graduate and are wondering how to continue your sorority experience after college? Are you curious what an alumnae chapter does?
Did you just move here and want to make friends?
You've found the right place. Welcome to the Atlanta Alumnae Chapter of Sigma Kappa. We are a diverse group of women ranging from early 20s to late 80s. We aspire to hold events that everyone can enjoy, from going out for drinks to tea time. There are lots of opportunities to become involved whether it be in a leadership position as an officer or working on a committee, joining in on any of our service opportunities, or being a liaison to any of our six paired collegiate chapters.
And we understand how hard it can be to transition from your college days to post-grad life.
So come join us and see for yourself how great it can be to live with heart beyond your four college years.
This video from National Headquarters gives a little more insight to alumnae chapters. But join us at an event to see for yourself how much fun we have.
How does an alumnae chapter differ from a collegiate chapter?
- time commitment is greatly reduced (2 informal chapter meetings/year)
- events are scheduled around the city for social get-togethers or meet-ups with sisters
- SIGs (Special Interest Groups) such as young singles, movie-goers, lunch bunch, etc. within the chapter. We are in the process of setting these up and will be looking for sisters to help plan events for these groups.
- attendance at events is not mandatory; you can come to events that peak your interest and fit your schedule.
- the age span of our alumnae chapter ranges from early 20s to 80. We have recent graduates, young singles, new mothers, working professionals, and empty-nesters.
- Philanthropic events: We also have a Walk to End Alzheimer's Team (9/16/17 at Kennesaw State) and UltraViolet Project (Belk Charity Days 2 times/year, Sip and Shop at Lilly Pulitzer); monthly visits to the nursing home
- We are members of Atlanta Alumnae Panhellenic Association and support their Sisters for Scholars Program and take advantage of leadership opportunities that they sometimes provide. AAPA Spring Scholarship Luncheon and Silent Auction is held annually. A Sigma Kappa will be installed as VP of AAPA at the May 13th luncheon.